Zhuravleva Ol'ga Valerievna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of psychology and pedagogy, Penza branch of the Academy IIUEPS (33a Kalinina street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. It is very difficult for school graduates to choose a profession. Professional intentions are uncertain. It is impossible to realize professionally oriented dreams and romantic aspirations at this moment. Dissatisfaction stimulates the development of a self reflection sense. But statistics shows that the choice of educational and vocational institutions is not justified psychologically. It determines the relevance of our research. The research objective is to study motivation of professional choice among senior pupils in the Penza region. The object of the research is the conditions of selfdetermination of senior pupils. The research subject is a reason the motivational means for choosing a profession by senior pupils of the Penza region. The main tasks are as follows: to conduct a theoretical and methodological analysis; to identify a state of the problem in modern psychological science; to study peculiarities of motivation among senior pupils in the Penza region using a combination of methods; to study the professional orientation of pupils in the Penza region; to compare the motivation of professional choice and professional orientation of young boys and girls.
Materials and methods. The study of the personality motivation sphere in Russian and foreign psychology was conducted by А. G. Asmolov, L. I. Bozovich, V. C. Merlin, V. N. Myasishchev, N. I. Nepomnayshay, A. N. Leontyev, S. L. Rubenshtein, D. Aktinson, B. Skinner, К. Levin, Zh. Newton, А. Maslow, В. Frankl, К. Hall, В. Edward. The problem of professional choice motivation was developed by such researchers as N. G. Alekseev, О. S. Grebenok, V. S. Ilin, А. Е. Klimov, А. S. Kulygina, Е. M. Pavlyutenkov, S. N. Prayzhnicov, T. V. Kudrayvtzev, А. Е. Golomshtok, E. F. Zeer, S. C. Grinshpoon and others. To confirm the hypothesis and goals the author used such techniques and methods as testing, methods of statistical data processing (student's t-criterion test), the «Motives of professional choice» test (S. S. Grinshpun), the technique of basic motives definition in the professional choice (Е. M. Pavlyutenkov,), D. Holland’s test for defining a personality type, a differential-diagnostic questionnaire «I prefer» (E. A. Klimov), methods of socio-psychological orientation of the personality in motivational sphere diagnostics (О. F. Potemkin).
Results. When revealing the motives of professional choice by senior pupils, the author found that most young men and some girls have a profession choice determined by external negative motives, which can adversely affect their motivation training and job satisfaction and performance. In choosing a profession boys have material and utilitarian motives and want prestige. Girls have utilitarian motives prevailing over prestige and material ones. Thus, young men want professions, which are appreciated among friends, allow to achieve a prominent position in the society, provide quick promotion, allow to receive certain benefits. Girls tend to choose a profession connected with their leadership, cleanliness and ease of labor, using high professional education, and only after that they pay attention to material goods.
Conclusions. Based on the obtained data and the results of statistical data processing it was revealed that senior pupils of the Penza region, in most cases, make the choice of profession, inappropriate to their socio-psychological settings, professional orientations and personal type of character, based on trappings of a profession (wages, career and so on). It allows to speak about the adverse forecast of their success in professional activities. Moreover, given the fact that many senior pupils have external negative motives of professional choice, one can make a conclusion about a rather low quality of career guidance in the Penza region.
1. Balakireva E. V. Professiologicheskiy podkhod k pedagogicheskomu obrazovaniyu: monogr. [Profession-related approach to pedagogical education]. Saint-Petersburg: Izd-vo RGPU im. A. I. Gertsena, 2008.
2. Manaenkova O. A. Motivy vybora professii na dotrudovoy stadii sotsializatsii [Profession choice motivation at pre-labor stage of socialization]. Available at: http://michac/narod/ru»Obschstvjznanie/Manaenkova.doc
3. Talanova S. I. Teoriya i praktika obrazovaniya v sovremennom mire: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. (g. Sankt-Peterburg, fevral' 2012 g.) [Theory and practice of education in the modern world: proceedings of the International scientific conference (Saint-Petersburg, February 2012)]. Saint-Petersburg: Renome, 2012,pp.226–228.
4. Fel'dshteyn D. I. Lichnostnoe razvitie rastushchikh lyudey v usloviyakh sotsial'no-eko¬nomicheskogo krizisa [Personal development of growing people in conditions of a socioeconomic crisis]. Moscow: Nauka, 1994.
5. Fel'dshteyn D. I. Chelovek v sovremennom mire – tendentsii i potentsial'nye vozmozhnosti razvitiya [Human in the modern world – trends and potential opportunities of development]. Available at: http://snokompass.ucoz.ru/_ld/0/1_Feldshtein.00.0.pdf
6. Sokhranov-Preobrazhenskiy V. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Gumanitarnye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2013, no. 3, pp. 151–159.
7. Grinshpun S. S. Shkola i proizvodstvo [School and production]. 1994, no. 6, pp. 11–12.
8. Klimov E. A. Psikhologiya professional'nogo samoopredeleniya [Psychology of professional self-determination]. Moscow: Akademiya, 2004.
9. Pavlyutenkov E. M. Formirovanie motivov vybora professii [Formation of profession choice motives]. Kiev: Rad. shkola, 1980.